“Provide Justice for the needy and the fatherless; uphold the rights of the oppressed and destitute. Rescue the poor and needy: save them from the hand of the wicked.” (Psalm 82:3-4)
The desire of Camp P82 is to provide a safe place for children to come and experience God’s creation and learn about a relationship with Jesus Christ. As the children experience camping, sports, and recreational activities, they will learn life-changing skills to instill principles of character and virtue. Strategically and prayerfully designed, Camp P82 reaches students who have parents currently in prison, being raised by their grandparents, foster parents, and or single parent families. This ministry proudly serves alongside Sports Crusaders with the intent to reach young people in a setting more geared to outdoor sports and recreation than the traditional sports that the Crusaders offer. Sports Crusader’s college students spend a few weeks each summer sharing the Gospel and reaching out to children.
We believe the following:
- The Authority of Scripture as the inspired Word of God. II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, who are co-equal in all their attributes. Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, 20.
- In Adam, man inherited a sinful nature and is helpless and unable to remedy his lost condition. Romans 3:10-12, 23
- God’s greatest gift to humanity is salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. John 3:16
- Christ shed His blood for our justification and sanctification. I John 5:13, Romans. 8:25, Galatians 4:4-5
- Salvation is acquired by grace through faith apart from either ceremonial or active works. Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5
Want to support a building project or resource in the camp? Indicate your intentions by writing building/General Fund on the memo line of your check. Make checks payable to Camp P82 or send an email with your intentions and wishes. This will insure your contribution goes exactly where you intend.
Cory is a 1994 graduate of Springdale High School in Springdale, Arkansas. He holds a bachelors degree in Education from John Brown University and a Masters of Divinity degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Cory married Susan Carrender in August of 2000 and has two children by the names of Rylee and Gardner. Cory and his family served in the Middle East from 2005-2009 in the area of sports ministry. Cory currently serves as the pastor at Horseshoe Bend Baptist Church in Lake of the Ozarks. Cory’s wife currently is a special education teacher in Eldon, MO. Cory joined the Sports Crusaders in June of 2010 and serves on staff as Vice-President and Coordinator of At-Risk Ministries. Cory is also the director of Camp P82; a non-profit 501c3 ministry. He and his wife started Camp P82 in 2010.
In 2010, the Lord laid on Cory and Susan’s hearts to start an at-risk ministry for local kids. With bold faith, they started Camp P82 in partnership with Sports Crusaders Ministries.